Monday, March 30, 2009

Are You Reading?

How are you doing with your scripture reading? I am finding it very easy to read just one and a half pages a day. Actually, I am finding it an interesting experience reading The Book of Mormon so slowly. I usually am trying to finish quickly it and move on. This time, I seem to want more. A page and a half doesn't seem like enough; I am doing a little more studing of what I read and a lot more pondering.

I just finished Jacob and have enjoyed it so much. One of my favorite verses, that I have thought about for days is Jacob 6:12. It is so short I almost missed it. It says, "Oh be wise; what can I say more?"

There isn't a mother who wishes she wasn't a little wiser in dealing with a child, there isn't a wife who wishes she wasn't a little wiser in communicating with her husband and there isn't a woman who wishes she had the wisdom to make (or not make) that choice, way back when.

What powerful counsel, to be wise. Wise enough to accept appropriate guidelines. Wise enough to say just the right words to the right person. Wise enough to know what the Lord would like me to do today. I agree with Jacob, "What can I say more?"

I hope you are enjoying reading the Book of Mormon as much as I am.

No comments: