Wednesday, October 15, 2008

To My Sisters

There was a party at my house yesterday. It started with Jennifer and Moira coming at 9:15, and ended with Richard mowing my lawn at 6:00. Sandwiched in those nearly 9 hours were amazing sisters, a plumber, and a plumber's helper. A shining and classy dream house now stands where my common one used to be. May I also thank Peggy, Pam, Janice, Annette, Cathy, Cathy, Margaret, Lea, Paige, Teresa, Judith, Helene, Jane, Billye, Ginger, Aundrea, Arline, Chuck, Sean, and Eldon (if I forgot you it's just brain damage!). I'm especially glad that Pam and Janice alerted me to the river of water flowing from the toilet. This church not only allows, but expects us to love each other and serve in times of need. But how incredible that you not only came, but you happily worked very hard to lend a hand. May God bless you in special ways for treating me so dearly. Much love and a few tears, Marilee

3 comments:

Ginger said...

This is a fantastic ward. We are so blessed to be here. What an opportunity we have to learn and grow.

PaigesPages said...

ooh I want to come see it all done, Billye was doing amazing things i want to come check it out the finished product. Hey did your kids wonder where all their stuff went? :)

Working together was so fun, I got to help sister Brady move rocks, Judith de-junk a room, Annette and I fancied up a curtian rod, Margarette and I cleaned up the patio and I moved some stuff around for Billye and Jane and I moved a dresser...What a great way to spend a morning with some great sisters!!

Anonymous said...

The house should remain in this frozen condition until we sell, so come on over anytime. I think the kids are still in shock over their clean rooms - we did find all the important stuff, though.