Saturday, September 13, 2008

Girl Talk

From Angela Lee......
I woke up in the middle of the night thinking about my niece's hair. I couldn't go back to sleep for a good 15 minutes, during which time I had an epiphany....Here it is..

Megan Sok has the most gloriously thick and brilliantly blonde hair. During their two week visit in August, she was a fish, always in the pool. About half way through their visit, my sister, Alison, and I noticed that Megan's hair was turning bright green. We asked a hair dresser what to do and in addition to using the suggested product, she said it was important for Megan to saturate her hair with regular tap water before going swimming. Obviously if something is at it's saturation point, nothing more can be added. Why on earth was I thinking about this in the middle of the night? Then it hit me, at FHE that night I talked to the kids about what is going on in California right now with this controversial "Harvey Milk Day" legislation and this whole effort we are engaged in to fight for traditional marriage. We had a great discussion and I feel confident that my kids have a solid belief in what is right. Here's the epiphany that came - we have to saturate our kids minds with the truth so when they go to school, there isn't room for caustic teachings to penetrate their brilliant spirits and turn them green.


Do you have a thought to share? Just email it to the Presidency and we'll post it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You're so right. Stephen Covey compares it to the difference between being on a crewing team and having someone calling out directions to you or being in your own kayak on the constant whitewater, where you must have the principles inside you to direct you safely. I liked the analogy to the hair!